Data in transit
- All data transmission between your computer and our servers is encrypted, using industry-standard HTTPS protocol.
- Our HTTPS implementation is rated A+ by independent Qualys SSL Labs.
- Our SSL certificate uses 2048-bit asymmetric and 256-bit symmetric encryption.
- We use HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to ensure only secure connections can be used for our website. Our website is accepted by and built into Google Chrome, Safari, IE 11, Edge, and Firefox for this purpose.
- Our servers take advantage of Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) to protect data transmission for modern web browsers. With forward secrecy, all past communication confidentiality is maintained even when a long-term secret key is compromised.
Data at rest
All your personally identifiable information — including your name, e-mail, address, and uploaded documents — is encrypted when we store it. Such data is encrypted using Advanced Encryption Standard 256. AES-256 is an encryption algorithm established by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and approved by the NSA for top-secret information.
Two-step verification secures your account by requiring something you possess (your mobile phone), in addition to something you know (your password), to access your account.
Once enabled, you'll need to enter a verification code from your mobile phone to log in. This protects your account from unauthorized access even when your password is compromised.
All data is backed up daily. RightCapital maintains at least 30 days of backup data at any given time.
In addition, we continuously take snapshots of the database. RightCapital can restore data to any point in time between the earliest backup and typically within 5 minutes of the current time.
We do not save your credentials
We partner with Yodlee to provide account aggregation. All of your banking credentials are managed by Yodlee, and we do not store your credentials. We communicate with Yodlee via an encrypted data link.
We do not access customer data
RightCapital staff does not access or interact with customer data or applications as part of normal operations. There may be cases where RightCapital is requested to interact with customer data or applications at the request of the customer for support purposes or where required by law. RightCapital may also inspect customer data to debug and troubleshoot platform issues.